Posted by Steve Yeich | Posted in Jokes | Posted on 03-02-2010
I realize I’m a day late with the Groundhog day humor but there are some holidays you just don’t want to end, so here you go (stuff that was sent to me):
Top 11 Reasons to Celebrate Groundhog Day
11. It’s on nearly every calendar.
10. Helps relieve cabin fever.
9. Spring or not, it’s six weeks till St Urho’s Day.
8. Forecast is no less reliable than the National Weather Service.
7. At least one of them critters is bound to see things your way.
6. Valentine’s Day is too depressing for nerds.
5. Unlike the Easter bunny, he keeps his dirty paws outside.
4. As they used to say on radio: “The Shadow knows”.
3. It’s fun to say “Punxsutawney”.
2. If a rodent can bring us an early spring, more power to him.
1. In Minnesota, either way we come out ahead.
Over breakfast one morning, a woman said to her husband, “I?ll bet you don’t know what day this is.”
“Of course I do,” he answered as if he was offended, and left for the office.
At 10:00 a.m., the doorbell rang and when the woman opened the door, she was handed a box of a dozen long stemmed red roses. At 1:00 p.m., a foil-wrapped, two-pound box of her favorite chocolates was delivered. Later, a boutique delivered a designer dress.
The woman couldn’t wait for her husband to come home.
“First the flowers, then the chocolates and then the dress!” she exclaimed.
“I’ve never had a more wonderful Groundhog Day in my life!